Voice search is used by numerous people to get the answers to their queries. In the past, people would just type a keyword or a variant of the word in the google search. Now, one can easily get the required information by speaking out. As the use of smartphones intensified, the use of voice search has also increased. Most of the time, people are interested to find answers or do some research on a particular topic.
At times, people want to get a quick answer to their questions like finding out the business working hours or an address of a firm. The reason why voice search is growing rapidly is that they are faster than typing. The person will get quick search results for his questions. Another reason being voice search is perfect for mobile searches and it is more convenient.
How Does A Voice Search Function?
The technique of how a voice search works are quite simple. The user addresses the voice search with the phrase “Alexa” or “Ok Google”.
The user will ask the question and the voice search provides the relevant answers to their questions. When a question has been asked to Google, at times it will send a link in Google assistant along with the link to the website from where it got the answer. But, Siri has a more unique way of addressing the issue. It will find the answer from the website that best suits your query rather than reading the answer aloud.
The voice search is advancing in recent times. Think of a scenario. If you are in the kitchen preparing a meal and have forgotten few ingredients in the recipe. As your hands are dirty you are hesitant to touch your smartphone. This is where voice search can assist you in your kitchen work. There are many such instances where voice search comes to you as handy.
The voice search is quick and easy to use than those traditional methods. The voice search is more convenient and appropriate.
The Popular Voice Search Devices And The Search Engines
The voice search is present in every device and hence it has become more popular and easily accessible. If it’s your smartphone, portable speaker, TV, or any other device it will search the internet for any of your questions. The most popular voice search and search engines are :
- Google Assistant: Google
- Google home: Google
- iPhone / Siri: Safari
- Amazon Echo/ Alexa: Bing
- Microsoft Cortana: Bing
- Android phones and devices: Google
How The Voice Search Differs From Traditional Search
The keywords used in voice search are much longer and conversational because we usually tend to ask the entire question rather than using a few keywords. For example, when typing you could just type, “pudding cake recipe”. But, with the voice search you will probably say the whole sentence, Hey Alexa, what are the ingredients for a pudding cake? In this example, the keywords used for typing are shorter and the length of the question asked is longer and in a conversational manner.
Voice Search Optimization
The method of optimizing the pages that result in voice searches is known as optimization. This allows the user to read out the pages aloud through a voice search device. Your business needs to have a voice search optimization technique. As more people make use of voice search, it is important to invest in this method to reach more people.
There are more than 55% of the people using the voice search strategy to find out the business working hours or address of a close-by store. Voice search optimization is essential as it can lead to growth in your business and enable you to earn more revenue by increasing the sales of your company.
The Advantages Of Investing In Voice Search Optimization Strategy
- The sales that an organization will receive from voice search are more than 2 billion dollars. So, if you are not optimizing for voice search, then the profit of the company will be affected. You can certainly see a hike in the business by investing in voice search optimization.
- Every month there are more than one billion voice searches that are taking place as people are using voice search to explore various information on different topics, about products, etc.
- The brands that are approving voice searches will perceive growth in the digital commerce revenue. It is the best time to invest in search engine optimization now so that your business can yield benefits during the later years.
- Investing in voice search optimization can continue to prosper and the results are promising. It has become a more popular means of collecting information and obtaining answers on various topics.
Voice Search Optimization Tips
- Optimization for conversation queries. The voice search queries are different as they will be in a conversational manner than what you type on the search button. In voice search queries people speak with the device. It is much similar to how they speak with a family member or their friend.
- Optimizing your local presence. You may be aware that more than 55% of the people make use of voice search for discovering the local business. You can begin to optimize for the voice search by creating a local presence. You can make use of the Google My Business listing when conducting local searches. Once you have claimed the listing, fill out the company’s information and verify the other details like the name, phone number, address, etc. Remember to update the operational hours of your company. You can add the photo to the listing and also include a brief advertisement of your company. When people use voice search, they will be able to get a complete detailed listing of your company. You must also add some relevant keywords into your website that is popular in your local presence as it can lead to acquiring more business.
- Focus on providing the answers to the queries promptly. If you begin to answer the questions directly, it will be more beneficial. About 50% of the search will depend upon the featured snippets that are displayed at the top of the search box. These featured snippets provide direct answers to the queries. If your answers to the queries are precise, then they would likely appear at the top of the Google search box.
- Optimizing for SEO to obtain the best results. If your focus is to appear at the top in relevant searches, you must choose the relevant keywords and incorporate them into the website.
- Optimize for mobile as there are numerous programs on your mobile apps that can guide you to the website that provides the answer. The website must be having a responsive design that enables the user to browse easily by providing them with a better mobile version.
- By speeding up the website to ensure that the site gets loaded quickly. There is a tool that can be used called Google page speed insights.
Related: Google Voice Search Not Working?
Methods For Optimizing The Voice Search
- Optimize for the local search as they make the maximum number of total searches.
- Establish conversational and concise valuable content. The top-ranking pages will be those that answer the questions of the people in a better way.
- Make use of structured data as the answer to the question lies in structured data.
- Claim your Google my business listing as it plays a vital role in the local SEO and the voice search.
- Make the voice search mobile-friendly. If the page does work properly people will not be interested to visit the page.
- Provide answers for the audience’s frequently asked questions, this can attain a good ranking for your website.
Related: How to Turn On Google Voice Search
Frequently Asked Questions For Voice Search
It is the way to optimize the website to display the result pages for your voice search in the search engine.
- Why is the voice search vital for SEO?
The devices that have voice search are found everywhere and it has resulted in the rapid growth in optimizing the voice search.
- Does voice search has an impact on SEO?
Voice search certainly has an impact on SEO as the fundamental part of SEO is to comprehend the meaning behind the words.
- What is the voice search percentage?
According to Google, 27 percent of mobile searches are voice searches.
Voice search began with smartphones and then it quickly spread to voice assistants and smart speakers. If you want to see a growth in the organic traffic, your focus must be to rank well for the voice search and the strategy that you use for optimizing the queries must be appealing. There is a voice search revolution that is taking place as more and more people are welcoming it. It has changed the outlook of people. There are updates to their algorithm that are arising with the search engines. Hope this article has helped you to understand the concept of voice search along with voice search optimization and the benefits of investing in voice search optimization strategy.