Voice search is one of the coolest features of smartphones. With this wonderful feature, you can use your voice to browse and interact with your smartphone by tapping, swiping, typing, and more. We need few requirements to enable the voice search on the iPhone.
To utilize Voice Control, you’ll need iOS version 13 or later, or an iPad. A file download is necessary before you can utilize Voice Control. Once you downloaded the file you can enable the voice to enable the feature without the internet as well. Before you switch on Voice Control for the first time, you should connect to Wi-Fi. In recently launched iphones this feature is inbuilt and you don’t have to download the file manually.
P.S: In certain nations or locations, Voice Control is not accessible.
How To Enable Voice Control On iPhone?
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Accessibility.
3. Select Voice Control,
4. Then select Set up Voice Control.
5. A download will begin in the background.
6. Once the download is done you will be able to enable the voice search option.
A microphone icon will be appearing in the status bar of your iPhone. This denotes whether Voice Control is listening or not.
How To Use The Voice Control Feature On iPhone?
When Voice Control is enabled, you can say instructions in the same way that you would execute a touch action. For example, Say “open what’s the app” to send or read the messages. You can “Long press and say the app name” to get long-press menus for specific applications. Voice Control does not affect how your device reacts to touch.
Follow these steps to see the full list of possible commands:
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Select Accessibility
3. Customize Commands after selecting Voice Control.
Related: Voice Search Vs Text Search
Few More Options For Using Voice Control:
- You can also use the word “Hey Siri” instead of a long press. “Hey, Siri” is the easiest way to use the voice control feature, without using the accessibility option from the settings menu.
- Say “Hey Siri, switch on Voice Control” to wake up your device.
- Say “Go to sleep” or “Wake up” to activate listening.
- The listening feature does not switch off, but it does put the microphone to sleep until you give it a command to wake it up.
What Are The Best Ways To Interact With Your Mobile Screen On iPhone?
- To control your iPhone with your voice, first, say an action like “Tap,” they say the item’s name. “Tap Accessibility” for example.
- You can say “Show grid” to display a numbered grid overlay for interactions that require more accuracy or spatial reference. As it is an AI we need to be more specific while using voice control.
- You can organize your apps using voice control; if it is difficult to use voice control you can even use the numbers to make it easier.
- The grid will vanish when you say your next command. Say “Show grid constantly” to keep the grid visible for several instructions.
- You can also say “go back” if you want to go back from the application that you are currently using.
- Few more examples of commands, “Swipe right, repeat that, send message”.
Related: How to Turn On Google Voice Search
What Are The Options For Customizing The Voice Control Settings On iPhone?
- Under Voice Control, you may configure several options. Here’s a rundown of some of the options you have:
- You can change your language according to your preference. Voice Control applies the primary language that you’ve selected on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Customize Commands option displays the whole list of available commands, allows you to disable commands, and allows you to create new commands. So you can create your own list of commands accordingly.
- The vocabulary option allows you to teach Voice Control new words that would be easy for you to access your phone.
- The Show Hints option displays dynamically generated recommendations for what you could say. These notification pops up when you speak instructions that are similar but don’t exactly match the system commands.